audrey

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

liam

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

3.07.2009

farmer tan!

i didn't sign up for melanoma!!  so my shoulders are burned and my nose is peeling, and i am tired.  the sun can give energy and it can take it away.  i should have known, but didn't quite grasp the fact that being in p.e. we would go outside - all day!  for the kids it is great and even for me it is good.  the noise level is down, and the kids have more space to spread out, but i have to be out there for every period all day.  my skin was giving no warning.  

the first day i had no sun block, and the damage was done.  there is a very distinct line on my upper arm between the skin that got sun and the skin that did not.  the farmer tan is here.  now this nothing against farmers.  i love their food!  this is against awkward tan lines that will limit my wardrobe.  i know it is vain, but i hate it.  so, the next time we went out i decided to bring the sunscreen and to push my t-shirt over my shoulders.  however, i didn't quite get my shoulders good enough, and viola, lobster shoulder!!  

as for the tired, it is draining be outside all day and running around.  friday afternoon around 1:30 a wave of exhaustion washed over me.  i almost could not move and just wanted to lie down and sleep for a few weeks.  overall my energy levels have picked up and i am doing much better with my schedule, but friday was a hard one.  

it is now saturday and i feel like doing absolutely nothing, but playing with my son and relaxing.  so that is what i am going to do right now!!!!

2 comments: