audrey

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

liam

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

1.03.2009

my things list

my friend stacey did a list and i am blatantly copying her idea! 

things to do:

1.  eat healthier - having a baby makes me think about the life that i currently lead.  i don't want him and any other sweet little thing that should come along to have the same eating habits that i have.  i have to got to learn to be a better cook and better eating example to my kid(s).

2.  go to bed earlier - especially since i might be going back to work full time!  i have a tendency to stay up after i put my son to bed and watch shows on my dvr and or read for far longer than is necessary.  it makes it so that i not only get enough sleep, but also so that i am tired and crabby the next day.  that mixture does not make for a happy mommy, husband, or son!!

3. think more positively about myself and my abilities - i am a good mother and a good person, just not perfect and i can't get those two confused.   of course you do realize that i know i am not perfect!  


things to keep doing:

1.  loving my husband and son - i must admit, i am already pretty good at this.  it also happens to be something that i enjoy doing, so why not keep doing it!!

2.  going to church and strengthening my faith - even though i already do go to church, with much more regularity than i have in the past, i need to make sure and make it meaningful when i am there. 

3.  napping occasionally - besides the fact that i love to nap, i also feel that it makes me an easier person to be around.  just ask my husband!


things not to do:

1.  not to wallow in periods of self pity because lubbock is not exactly where i want to be - it is easy, especially while i have not been working, to find all that is wrong in my life.  right now that thing is lubbock.  yes, it is a perfectly nice town and we are around family and friends, it is just not where i envisioned myself right now.  but some things can't be changed and so i need to change my perspective.  lubbock is a nice town, and it is nice to be around family.  things are going to go well here and we are going to be happy. 

2.  not to get overly anxious as my son grows, changes, and puts himself in harms way  -  first it was giving him solid foods.  now he is about to be walking and who knows what else.  it is the great unknown and i must try to not be anxious about it.  instead i need to look forward to and enjoy the moments as they come!  i will never have these moments again and i need to enjoy them now!!

3.  not to give up on myself and my ability to grow and become a better person - you may not be able to teach an old dog new tricks, but i know that i am still growing and learning and i can't allow myself to become stale.  i may be tired at times and yes, it is work, but it is worth it to feel good about myself and to have my husband, son, and family be proud of who i am!!


3 comments:

  1. You have really good, deep things on your lists. I'm just not going to order a mocha. Geez. I love you and love reading your blog. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I approve of everything on your list. Which is good, because, even if I didn't, I'm sure it'd all still be on your list. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love it, Heater. It's a fabulous list and start to the New Year. LOVE YOU!

    ReplyDelete